Wednesday, February 22, 2012

time for the big girl panties

I have a few extra today since I missed yesterday

~Logan asked me yesterday why I was so grumpy. He asked in a very kind and gentle voice, like he was really concerned. This kind of thinking outside himself behavior is new for Logan.

~While Logan was at preschool, and I was taking a shower, Emmett decided that he was too scared to play out in the front room by himself so he sat in front of the shower door, reading his favorite book "Go Dog Go" for the rest of my shower. He had the shower curtain draped around his shoulders so he could see me. super sweet.

~Madeline has learned to pull herself up to a sitting position by herself. Logan and Emmett saw her do it and immediately exclaimed encouraging remarks like "Great job Madeline! You did it!" and "I am so proud of you!" I sure hope this kind of family support continues through the years.

~Logan didn't go to time out at school today! He has been having some issues with that lately and Eric made a deal with him that if he could go this whole week without going to time out then they could go see "Star Wars" in the theater on Friday. I think he might just make it.

~ I am starting to pack up our house. We are supposed to move in two weeks and I am getting a little emotional about the whole "We are leaving our first house and we brought two of our children home from the hospital here and this is where Logan took his first steps" thing. I am more than excited to move into a nicer and bigger house but he have sure had some wonderful times here over the last 4 1/2 years. I guess I am just having a hard time letting go. yesh! I am getting a little teary just thinking about it! As Momma always says, it's time to put on your big girl panties and get it done. So while I pack it all up maybe I will find those big girl panties somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment